Globally renowned for its aeronautics and Space industries, its university and state-of-the-art research laboratories in the fields of health, economics, biotechnologies, nanotechnologies, robotics...
Toulouse is a city of researchers, engineers, students, young people, inquisitive locals and visitors that know about scientific culture.
Automotech, Digital and Robotics
Bio-Health Cancer, Agri-sud Ouest Innovation, Aerospace Valley
3Sectors of excellence
Aeronautics and Space, Health and Life Science, Digital
Toulouse European City of Science 2018
In 2018 Toulouse is proud to be the European City of Science!
3 COMPETITIVENESS HUBS
- 2,200 public/private sector researchers
- 160 labelled projects including 81 receiving public sector financing of 96 million Euros
- 60 companies and 10 higher education establishments
AGRI SUD-OUEST INNOVATION
- 223 companies
- 40 laboratories
- 1,400 agri-food researchers
- 23,000 agri-bioscience students
- 3 engineering schools (INSA, ENSAT, INP)
- 130,000 industrial jobs in the Nouvelle Aquitaine and Occitanie regions
- 1,600 establishments
- 1/3 total French aeronautics revenue
- 8,500 researchers
- 2 leading French schools of aeronautics and Space : Isae Sup Aéro (research and training hub in the aerospace field) and Ipsa (polytechnic institute of advanced sciences)
- 1 public-private institute devoted to collaborative technological research: IRT Saint-Exupéry
AUTOMOTECH - AUTOMOBILE
- 190 companies / 11,000 employees / €2 billion in revenue
DIGITAL PLACE - DIGITAL
- 200 companies / 11,000 jobs
ROBOTICS AND DRONES
- 89 members / 4,500 jobs in the Occitanie region
3 SECTORS OF EXCELLENCE
AERONAUTICS AND SPACE
- World capital of aeronautics: 840 companies and more than 85,000 employees in the Occitanie region: 1 in every 5 jobs in Toulouse.
- Airbus: the world’s largest constructor of aircraft, over 700 airplanes per year and 27,000 jobs.
- ATR: leader in propeller aircraft (turboprop), 80 aircraft per year and 1,100 jobs.
- The Space ecosystem: 12,000 jobs (25% of Europe’s total).
HEALTH AND LIFE SCIENCES
- 15,000 students
- 2,200 health researchers
- 8 hospitals, including CHU (University Hospital Center), which is listed among the 50 best public hospitals.
- 3,000 beds and 14,000 jobs.
- 9 clinics
- 110 companies employing 3,500 staff and 1 major site: Oncopole
- Labelled French Tech. 3,000 companies, 42,000 jobs, more than 10 public and private business accelerators.