4th largest city in France, capital of the Occitanie region, knowledgeable and vibrant, Toulouse cultivates its creativity and dynamism.
From the Cathar era to the latest technologies, from the Golden Age of pastel to the aeronautical and Space adventure, Toulouse is an effervescent, youthful and innovative city.
Toulouse, city of sciences
Toulouse - European City of Sciences 2018.
Science in Europe, science on earth, science everywhere!
- World capital of aeronautics.
- Space capital of Europe.
- TLS Airport is the leading business airport in France.
- 67 regular international routes; 41 daily flights between Paris and Toulouse (the busiest air route in Europe).
- Just 20 minutes from the city centre.
- More than 120,000 students, 3rd largest campus in France.
- More than 20,000 researchers.
- 3 universities, 10 engineering schools, 7 higher education establishments.
- « European City of Science » in 2018 and host of the EuroScience Open Forum.
- 163 R&D centres.
- Leading metropolitan area in terms of R & D investment.
- Economic growth: + 2.9% per year GDP per inhabitant.
- More than 70,000 jobs created in the private sector over 10 years.
- The European cradle of the transport technologies of the future (Hyperloop TT, driverless vehicles, connected vehicles).
- The home of Oncopole, a unique site in Europe devoted to the fight against cancer.
- Demographic growth: 1.3 million inhabitants (4th metropolitan area in France).
- Growth of more than 200,000 inhabitants in 10 years (Eurostat Urban Europe 2016).
- More than 1,000 restaurants. 2,000 hours of sunshine on average throughout the year.
- City of festivals and festivities: around a hundred festivals take place every year in Toulouse and its region
- A love for quality produce and a unique human experience: « With Pleasure! »